Full Throttle Saloon - Sturgis Rally vendor space available for 2017
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BE A VENDOR AT THE 2017 STURGIS MOTORCYCLE RALLY?
STEP 1: Apply for a Temporary South Dakota Sales Tax license (found in the FORMS link on the left side of this page)
- All vendors must have a Temporary South Dakota Sales Tax license for selling or displaying a product or for providing services at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
- You must complete a new application each year.
- If you have a Permanent South Dakota Sales Tax license, but are operating in a temporary location during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, you need to apply for the Temporary South Dakota Sales Tax License.
STEP 2: Determine if you need to post a bond
- If you are a first time vendor you must post a $500 bond.
- If you attended last year’s rally and filed and paid your sales taxes on time, you do not need to post a bond.
- If you filed or paid your sales tax after the due date in 2015, you will need to post a bond. Please contact the Department of Revenue at 605-394-2332 to determine bond amount.
- If you were a vendor in the past but did not attend in 2015, you will need to post a $500 bond.
- We accept cash, cashier’s check, or money order. We cannot accept credit cards. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- Bond is held as a deposit and will be mailed back to you when the rally has ended and your final sales tax return has been filed and proper sales tax has been paid.
STEP 3: Send application and bond (if needed, see Step 2) to SD Department of Revenue
- You can submit application electronically by clicking the “Send Electronically” button at the bottom of the application form.
- You can mail the application to SD Department of Revenue, 1520 Haines Ave Ste 3, Rapid City, SD 57701. (This is recommended if a bond is needed.)
- You can email a copy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 4: Receive your Temporary South Dakota Sales Tax license card and information packet.
- Pre-registration is available from April 1 to July 1. If you apply between those dates, your packet will be mailed to you. Bond (if needed, see Step 2) must be received by Department of Revenue before license card and packet will be mailed. PLEASE BRING LICENSE CARD WITH YOU when you come to the rally. If you prefer to pick up your packet when you arrive in Sturgis, please mark the “held in office” box on the application.
- From July 1 to August 1, you may go to the SD Department of Revenue office in Rapid City at 1520 Haines Ave Ste 3 to pick up your license card and packet.
- Beginning August 2 at 1:00 pm, you will need to go to Sturgis City Hall at 1040 2nd St to pick up your license card and packet. Please review the office hours for the Department of Revenue’s office at Sturgis City Hall.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Please fill out the FTS Vendor Application here or call (706) 566-6083 for more information
- For the Pappy Hoel Campground Vendor Application click here